Sheet plastic ABS/TPU is a multi-layered sheets, with a soft surface layer from a mixture of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) and Acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS)
Key features TPU/ABS
- very good resistance to abrasion and scratching;
- anti-slip properties and reduced noise;
- pleasant to the touch surface, the so-called Soft Touch (thanks to TPU);
- good strength and ductility at low temperatures;
- excellent chemical resistance to oils, hydrocarbons and many solvents (better than ABS);
- good resistance to hydrolysis and contact with microorganisms (bacteria, fungi, etc.);
- minor shape deformation under load and high resistance to compression;
- high cut resistance of a material to further break;
- ability to obtain surfaces with different degree of gloss/matte;
- ability to obtain a plate with an antistatic surface properties (resistance to 105Ω);
- the possibility of extrusion of recycled ABS.
Today TPU/ABS is most widely used in the automotive industry, as material for thermoformed interior parts of cars, buses and automotive equipment, external racks. Thanks to the mechanical strength, it is used to produce bags, trays for transporting, fabricating trays for railway and air transport, decorating and tiling , so that they are easily applied to any surface, including the facades of residential and industrial buildings. They make excellent and durable advertising and information stands, showcases, partitions in public buildings.
Features ABS/TPU (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene/thermoplastic polyurethane)
ABS/TPU plastic sheets are multi-layer sheets with soft surface layer of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) and acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) to provide high wear resistance, scratch resistance, petrol- & machine oil resistance. The bottom ABS layer ensures good quality forming and high impact strength of sheets, along with their low temperature resistance. The parts made of ABS/TPU sheets feature mat surface, smooth to the touch. ABS/TPU plastic sheets can be in variety of colors and color shades.
|Unit||Test method, ISO||Values|
|Тensile strength at break||%||527||10|
|Charpy unnotched impact strength||23°C||kJ/m2||179||н/р|
|Charpy unnotched impact strength||-20°C||kJ/m2||179||н/р|
|Heat deflection temperature (HDT), at least||1.8 MPa||°C||75-2Ae||94|
|Vicat softening temperature||50H/50°C||°C||306/B50||94|
All above values apply to the state of thermoplastics immediately after extrusion, with no aging effect.
good weatherability, high resistance to oils, fats, lubricants and many thinners
good hardness, stability to temperature variation, exceptional weatherability
maximum temperature during long-term operation is 75-80°С
- pneumatic vacuum molding
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
these materials can be used for making thermally formed parts of vehicle & bus interior trim, food trays for railroad and aircraft, as well as for finishing and facing works